- – A unit Sigithi Scouts (Scout Kids) is called ‘Sigithi Haula’. (or “Kids Assemble”)
- – The boys and girls in the age group of 5 and 7 can join this section.
- – In a Sigithi Haula, there could be upto 40 members.
- – The members of a Sigith Unit are divided into small patrols named ‘Pokura’ (a Bunch). In a Sigitha pokura there could be 8 to 10 members.
- – Each pokura should be given a name of a Flower, and a colour as decided by its members.
- – . ‘Idda’ pokura, ‘Namal’ pokura, ‘Pichcha’pokura, ‘Anthurium’ Pokura, …. Etc.
- – The Motto of Sigithi Scouts will be “Friendship & Joy”.
Aims of Singithi Section
- – To initiate a desire and attraction for scouting among the small kids in Sri Lanka.
- – To get the kids involved with scouting immediately after they start schooling.
- – To brighten up the talents and abilities during the early stage of a kid’s life.
- – To let the kids experience the beauty of the nature and pleasure of being in nature.
- – To learn how to help others and gain pleasure by helping others through simple scout activities.
Educational Objectives of Singithi Section
01 .Physical – improving good health virtues at the early stage of life by doing simple and enjoyable activities.
02 .Intellectual – find opportunities to gain knowledge on variety of fields for future investment through simple acts.
03 .Emotional – initiate safe and descent relationship with others in the unit through simple acts.
04 .Social – enhancing gradually the basics of good habits and manners practiced in the society.
05 .Spiritual – understanding religious beliefs and getting involved with religious practices and rituals gradually.
06 .Cultural – learning in a simple way to love and understand the cultural values and national heritages of the country.
Meeting of a Singithi Haula
– Gathering in a circle
– Welcoming kids by saying “Ayubowan” (or any other greeting)
– Religios observances
– Instructions – for the current meeting
– Reciting a Story
– Attractive Activity (to give knowledge)
– Gathering in a circle
– Friendly chat – discuss about related matters
– Instructions – for the next meeting, activities, etc.
Opening and Ending a Sigithi Haula
Sigithi Scout Master stays near the Flag post and and shouts “Sigiththo ……”/// (“kids ……” ///)
Then the sigithi scouts shouts “aaa …… waaaa” (came…..///) and assemble in a circle surrounded by the Sigithi Scout Master.
Time for a Meeting of a Sigithi Haula
– 30 to 45 minutes for a normal meeting.
– 2hrs & 30 minutes maximum for special outing.