Rover Scout for the 8th Sharjah International Scout Gathering, U.A.E., 1-10 Feb-2018
Start Date : 2018-02-01
End Date : 2018-02-10
Posted on December 5, 2017
To all Rover Scouts:
The circular received from the APR Regional Director is as follows.
Please apply through the International Commissioner of Sri Lanka Scout Association on or before 12th December 2017.
Date: December 4, 2017 at 6:15:13 AM GMT+5:30
Subject: 8th Sharjah International Scout Gathering
Greetings from the Asia-Pacific Support Centre!
We are pleased to inform you that the Arab Regional Office is extending their invitation to all NSOs within APR to participate in the 8th Sharjah International Scout Gathering from 1 – 10 February 2018 in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
This gathering is under the patronage and sponsorship of H.E. Shaik Dr.Sultan Bin Mohammad El- Qasemmi and being organized by the Arab Regional Office in collaboration with the Unites Arab Emirates [UAE] Scout Association to strengthen the brotherhood and friendship ties among Youth in Scouting.
Like the previous sponsorships, we are happy to inform you that your National Scout Organization is entitled to nominate ONE  Male Rover Scout to attend this event.
If you are interested in participating in the above event, please respond by sending all the necessary documents to participate latest by 12 DECEMBER 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attached are the following documents for your information and guidance:
- General information about the event.
- Registration form
We hope that you will avail of this opportunity for your Rover to participate in this kind of event. Your early response is appreciated.
Best Scouting regards.
JR C Pangilinan
The 8th Sharjah International Scout Gathering
“Sharjah- the World Capital of Book”
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates (1-10/2/2018)
On the occasion of choosing the Emirate of Sharjah governorate as the World capital of Book, and under a patronage and sponsorship of H.E. Shaik Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammad El- Qasemmi the member of the supreme council of
United Arab Emirates and the governor of Sharjah; we would like to extend the cordial invitation of United Arab Emirates (UAE) Scout Association & the Arab Regional Office to all WOSM NSOs to participate in the: “The 8th International Scout Gathering, Sharjah- the World Capital of Book”, which will be held during the period 1-10 February 2018, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates to visit and get to know the authentic Arab Cultural heritage and exchange experiences, according to the following:
The main objectives of the Gathering are as follows:
• Strengthen ties of friendship and brotherhood among the participants from all over the world.
• Capacity building of the participants and encouraging them to exchange their cultures.
• Being introduced to the importance of reading.
• Being introduced to the landmarks in Sharjah governorate as buildings established, traditional houses, squares and government offices, the different museums, universities and Scientific and Cultural bodies.
Date: from 1-10 February 2018
• Arrival: 01 February 2018
• Activities: 2-9 February 2018
• Departure: 10 February 2018
In cooperation between the Arab Regional Office & United Arab Emirates (UAE) Scout Association.
Venue: Sharjah, United Arab of Emirates
Each National Scout Organization – worldwide- is invited to nominate ONE MALE ROVER to participate in the event according to the following eligibilities:
1. The nominated Rover should be of a high interest in reading and has an experience on the importance of reading and its impacts and role in developing nations at national or regional levels that can be shared among
2. He should be a registered member in his NSO.
3. Age between 18-23 years old
4. The applicant/s must be nominated by his NSO officially.
5. With good command of English to be able to exchange his experience with others.
6. Deadline is Sunday 12 December 2017.
7. A Complete registration should be submitted by email to the Asia-Pacific Support Centre (email@example.com) copy to Arab Support Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) including the following items:
• Complete registration form endorsed stamped by the NSO,
• Colored scanned copy valid passport (6 months at least).
• Recent colored passport photo in white background – sized (4×6cm)
Sponsorship & Costs:
• The confirm Rover participant will be receiving a round trip economy class air ticket. The event organizers will purchase and send the e-ticket.
• The sponsorship will NOT COVER the following:
o All expenses within the home country, including local transportation and accommodation;
o Other incidental expenses in home country including visa fee, passport fee, airport tax, or interview cost.
o Travel Insurance
o All expenses during travelling before or after the event dates.
Emirates Scout Association will issue all necessary entry visa/s for all the approved participants.
Worksheets and presentations required:
Each participant (contingent) should prepare a presentation (10 minutes) on the importance of reading and its role in developing nations and the experience of his country in the named field to share with others
An International Evening where all the participants are invited to present different types of their traditional dishes, folklore, songs, dances, scouting souvenirs, gifts…etc}.
What is to bring? and what should you share?
• Traditional costume which is unique to the country as part of the International Evening.
• A presentation (including: CD, video, Guidelines, documents …etc) on the Relevant topic of the event as well as to introduce the culture of his country to share during the event.
• Scouting Uniform for the official activities.
• 2 flags of the participant’s country 60×120 cm (will be delivered and left in the venue hosting the event).
• A copy of the renewed scouting curriculum of his NSO of all scouting sections to the library of the named hosting Arab NSO.
• Identifying the size/s of T-shirt, training suit.
• Documents, publications, handouts, posters, video tape, CD, and traditional dishes. .etc for exhibition and for any audiovisual presentation exchange.
• Swimming suite, suitable cloths for water and beach games.
• Comfortable shoes for walking in the desert and personal equipment.
The climate is mostly moderate in February; it is between 14 and 24 centigrade and there is a chance of expecting light rains.
For more information, please do not hesitate to write call the Arab Scout Regional Office:
Dr. Atif Abdelmageed
Arab Regional Support Centre
Tel. No.: (+20 2) 240 142 74
No upcoming events
- Venue: Swiss Hotel, Kandy, Sri Lanka
- Venue: Yapahuwa Paradise Hotel, Yapahuwa, Sri Lanka
- Venue: Sri Lanka Girl Guide Headquarters, Colombo-07
- The Leader in You – Leadership Training Program Organized by …
- Annual Blood Donation Program of Ethugalpura Pioneers’ Rover Crew was …